NOTE: This may be a duplicate / the same root cause as SJRK-234
A race condition present in sjrk.storyTelling.base.page is blocking properly-functioning tests for both sjrk.storyTelling.loadStoryFromParameter and sjrk.storyTelling.loadBrowse (both in storyTellingServerUI.js).
These tests were meant to be added alongside the changes described in SJRK-237, but the work required to remediate them would be substantial, hence this Jira.
- check out this branch: https://github.com/BlueSlug/sjrk-story-telling/tree/SJRK-255 (at commit cf3c37c, ideally)
- run the database server (instructions in README)
- run the webserver
- navigate to http://localhost:8081/tests/html/storyTellingServerUI-Tests.html
Expected: all tests passing, no errors
Actual: sometimes tests pass, sometimes they fail with error
On Windows 10 Pro v.1903:
- running Chrome 75, the error was not reported after 100 loads
- Firefox 68 failed 92% of the time with this message:
- Edge 44 failed 59% of the time with this error message