Component/s: Storytelling Tool Server
I have seen Kettle crash (process terminates) twice with "FATAL ERROR: Uncaught exception: Assertion failure - check console for more details: Error marking thread to request <ID> which has already been destroyed".
- Ubuntu 16.04 node 10.15.0: https://gist.github.com/simonbates/938f6c57cec2f2940ed33b874c08a9ed
- Windows 10 node 10.15.0: https://gist.github.com/simonbates/2944136bdb251b6bc0ddff601cd04846
Both crashes have been on node 10.15.0.
One thing potentially of note: sjrk-story-telling-server is using Kettle 1.8.0. Latest is 1.9.0.
2020-01-23 Update from Gregor Moss:
The error seems to be reproducible if a large number of requests are made to the kettle server in a short amount of time.
To reproduce semi-reliably:
1. Clone the Storytelling Tool repository to your local machine (https://github.com/fluid-project/sjrk-story-telling/tree/stories-floe-dev)
2. Follow the installation instructions listed in the Readme (https://github.com/fluid-project/sjrk-story-telling/blob/stories-floe-dev/README.md)
3. Once the node server is running, navigate to the browser tests at http://localhost:8081/tests/
4. If the error does not occur, simply reload the page and run the test battery again until the issue is encountered
Expected: all requests are fulfilled normally and the server continues to operate
Actual: the server halts execution and the error is displayed, browser will hang waiting for a response from the server