When attempting to publish a story from certain iOS devices, if there is more than one image block and the images are captured, all subsequent captured image blocks will have their image replaced by the first one. This has been tested with two and four images, and has been reliably reproduced on that device several times. The image blocks all have the URL of the first saved file, so it seems they aren't being treated as separately-uploaded image files.
This is not an issue when the images are all from the photo library and already saved on the device, it only manifests itself when the images are captured from the camera directly into the image block.
This works properly and as expected on:
- Pixel 3 (Android 9), Chrome 71
- Nexus 7 (2012), Chrome 71
- emulated Nexus 5X (Android 8.1), Chrome 61
This issue has been confirmed and reproduced on:
- iPad Mini 2 running iOS 12.1.1
- iPad Air 2 running iOS 12.1.1
- iPad 2 running iOS 9.3.5
- Begin a new story
- Add an image block
- Capture an image (not upload from Photo Library)
- Add another image block
- Capture a different image
- Click "Continue"
- Click "Preview My Story"
- Click "Publish My Story"
- Both images on the resulting published story to be different
- Both images on the resulting published story are identical, and have the same file URL