Uploader's markup is more complex and less semantic than it could be. For example, right now there are 3 tables being used:
1) A 1 row, 3 cols table for the values "file name, size, space". It has the caption "File Queue"
2) A dynamic data table with no caption, 3 cols. It holds the info of the uploaded files
3) A 1 row, 2 cols table for the footer. The first col has the # files/total size data, and the second has the browse file input.
I'd like to suggest an alternative:
- 1 data table, with both the header information and the data
- the footer as a plain old <div> tag, styled with css
I'm guessing one reason it was done this way was to make the data scrollable but have a fixed header. We can still achieve this with CSS, and also keep the semantic connection of column headers to data.